As the calendar flips to June, the sun graces us with its presence for a little longer each day, and the air is filled with the scent of blooming flowers and freshly cut grass. It’s the perfect time to explore the culinary delights that this month has to offer.
So, buckle up, foodies! We’re about to embark on a gastronomic journey through the 20 best recipes to make in June, and why they’re the perfect fit for this sun-drenched month.
Best Recipes To Make In June
- Strawberry Shortcake: June is the peak of strawberry season, and what better way to celebrate than with a classic strawberry shortcake? The sweet, juicy berries paired with fluffy biscuits and a dollop of whipped cream are a match made in heaven. Recipe
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: As barbecues start to sizzle, grilled corn on the cob becomes a staple. The smoky charred flavor is a delightful contrast to the sweet, juicy kernels. Don’t forget to slather it with butter and a sprinkle of salt! Recipe
- Peach Ice Cream: With peaches coming into the season, homemade peach ice cream is a must. The creamy, sweet, and slightly tangy dessert is the perfect way to cool down on a hot June day. Recipe
- Chicken Kebabs: Skewers of marinated chicken, colorful bell peppers, and red onion are perfect for grilling. They’re easy, flavorful, and perfect for those outdoor June gatherings. Recipe
- Gazpacho: This chilled Spanish soup made from ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and a drizzle of olive oil is a refreshing and healthy choice for those balmy June evenings. Recipe
- Lobster Roll: June is the start of lobster season in many regions. A buttery, toasted roll filled with succulent lobster meat is a luxurious treat that screams summer. Recipe
- Rhubarb Pie: Rhubarb is a June superstar. Its tartness, paired with a sweet pie filling, creates a perfect balance and a deliciously flaky dessert. Recipe
- Grilled Salmon: Light, healthy, and quick to cook, grilled salmon is a great choice for a June dinner. Pair it with a lemon-dill sauce for extra flavor. Recipe
- Cherry Clafoutis: This classic French dessert features sweet cherries in a custard-like batter. It’s simple, elegant, and a great way to use June’s fresh cherries. Recipe
- Caprese Salad: Fresh, ripe tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fragrant basil drizzled with balsamic glaze – this Italian salad is a celebration of June’s fresh produce. Recipe
- Grilled Asparagus: June is the tail end of asparagus season, so make the most of it by throwing these green spears on the grill. A little olive oil, salt, and lemon zest are all you need for this simple, yet delicious side dish. Recipe
- Blueberry Pancakes: Start your day with a stack of fluffy pancakes bursting with fresh blueberries. Top them with a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream for a truly indulgent breakfast. Recipe
- Watermelon Salad: This refreshing salad combines juicy watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, and fresh mint leaves. It’s a perfect balance of sweet and salty, and just the thing for a hot June day. Recipe
- BBQ Ribs: Slow-cooked, fall-off-the-bone ribs slathered in tangy barbecue sauce are a must for any June cookout. Serve them with a side of coleslaw and cornbread for a classic summer meal. Recipe
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad: This vibrant salad pairs sweet strawberries with tender spinach leaves, crunchy pecans, and a tangy vinaigrette. It’s a light and healthy option that doesn’t skimp on flavor. Recipe
- Shrimp Tacos: Grilled shrimp, a zesty slaw, and a dollop of creamy avocado sauce all wrapped up in a warm tortilla – these tacos are a celebration of summer flavors. Recipe
- Apricot Galette: This rustic French tart showcases the sweet-tart flavor of fresh apricots. It’s easier to make than a traditional pie but just as delicious. Recipe
- Grilled Veggie Pizza: Take your pizza night outdoors with a grilled veggie pizza. The grill gives the crust a wonderful smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with fresh summer veggies. Recipe
- Lemon Bars: These sweet-tart treats are a great way to use the fresh lemons that are plentiful in June. With a buttery crust and a tangy lemon filling, they’re the perfect end to any summer meal. Recipe
- Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa: Light and flavorful, these fish tacos are topped with sweet and spicy mango salsa. They’re a tropical treat that’s perfect for a June dinner. Recipe
June is a month of abundance, with fresh fruits and vegetables in their prime, and the weather just begging for a barbecue. These recipes are not just about enjoying good food, but about celebrating the season and all the flavors it has to offer. So, get your apron on, fire up that grill, and let’s welcome June with a feast to remember!